Wireless networking is available to all UMT faculty/staff/participants and to visitors from different organizations that participate in the events, seminars, meeting, conferences etc. The service is comprised of UMT Wireless. The UMT Wireless network is designed for ease of use and compatibility with the widest possible range of client devices including Windows PCs, Apple Macs and handhelds. No special configuration is required. To connect, simply open a web browser and enter your UMT's username and password. Read a HowTo
OTS offers telephone service to all UMT community. OTS hosts PABX over 160 extensions supported telephonic exchange in its Data Center. It also supports two video consoles with two fully operated telephone operators at one time. OTS also supports about 100 direct nation/international wide telephone lines in different offices of UMT.
While at Campus, you can
- Access a Share Folder
- Share your own Folder
- Share your CD/DVD-ROM
- Access a Printer which is Attached to a Computer
- Share your Local Printer
- Access Network Printer
You can read more about it in a HowTo
OTS offers its users a separate network drive of their own. Students/Faculty/Staff can put their important assignments/documents which they can access their network drive outside university. An e-a-s-y read a Howto is designed for you.
The OTS Data Center provides an environmentally secure location for housing servers and related equipment. The servers are provided rack space, power, cooling and network connectivity.
OTS will provide the following for Co-location Service:
- A secure location with stable environmental for housing your server(s) and related equipment. Network connectivity via 100Mb/s to 1Gb/s switched connection.
- Hardware standards: rack-mountable, dual power supply servers.
- Hardware installation and de-installation. We will work with the equipment vendor to provide appropriate rack space, network connections, and electrical connections.
- 24x7 on-call phone support including weekends, holidays, and special closings.
Advanced Network Services
We provide following network services also here at UMT
- Live DNS services.
- Web Services
- Database services
- BlackBerry services
- Proxy services
- Map drive services
- DHCP service using 3COM Core switch