Transport and Fleet Management
Job Title: Manager Fleet Management
Key Job Responsibilities:
Assist the Head OFM to perform the following tasks:
- Ensure quality transportation and vehicle by operating in a reliable, safe, timely, orderly and courteous manner for University students, faculty, staff and guests in support of the University mission, and in a cost-effective and transparent manner.
- Direct activities related to departure, routing, and tracking university transportation vehicles, such as busses and pool cars.
- Monitoring transport costs.
- Ensure that the vehicles are maintained properly, including the inspection of vehicles at the appropriate time and the action taken to remedy defects found;
- Maintain statistical reports, files and relevant records related to maintenance, repairs, depreciation, mileage, etc.
- Manage the University chauffeurs and VIP vehicles;
- Provide appropriate driver training and familiarisation.
- Fuel administration of route busses.
- Ensure maximum coverage of fleet busses by strategically scheduling and mapping the routes to cater maximum number of students.
- Oversee the repair and maintenance operation for all busses and pool cars
- Maintain daily log sheet of route buses and their fuel consumption
- Develop, maintain and ensure adherence to disciplinary procedures and drivers’ orientation program
- Proven working experience as a Fleet manager
- Track Record of Transport and Fleet management
- Demonstrable ability to manage staff
- Minimum 16 years of education
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Fleet Management
- People Management