- The date and time of the event should be scheduled, and informed to Office of Facilities Management at least 7 days before the event to avoid any possible clashes.
- In summers, day-time events shall be discouraged and organizers shall be encouraged to hold their events in or after the evening.
- The selection of the venue shall take place mainly as per the number of participants. Following shall be the major criteria for this purpose:
- If the number of participants is up to 10, event shall be organized in ‘University Professor and Advisor’ board room.
- If the number of participants is between 10 and 25, event shall be organized in ‘Rector’s Secretariat’ board room.
- If the number of participants is between 25 and 40, event shall be organized in ‘N1-11’.
- If the number of participants is between 40 and 100, event shall be organized in ‘Seminar Room’.
- If the number of participants is more than 100, event shall be organized in ‘Campus Main Ground’.
- Office of Facilities Management shall, subject to the provision of budget, provide ‘Area Facilitation’ services to the guests/speakers, which shall include following major points:
- Pick and drop services
- Tickets reservation/booking
- Office of Facilities Management shall ensure that worthy guests are served with appropriate refreshments.
- For internal meetings, the menu shall be fixed. It shall include tea, coffee and cookies. In meetings where there arises a need for serving lunch, an approval from Head OFM shall be required for meetings of support offices, and approval of Dean shall be required for meetings of academic departments.
- For external meetings, all the facilities shall be available. Additionally, they shall be served with fresh juices.
- Looking after seating arrangements and stage management i.e., rostrum, sound system, head table, floral arrangements, multimedia shall be the responsibility of Office of Facilities Management.
- If the organizers plan to make some special arrangements, require additional tables or any decorative items, it shall be informed to Office of Facilities Management at least 7 days before the event. Since these items are outsources and are charged to University, immense care should be taken while placing orders for such items because in case of non-usage or wastage, it shall not be the optimum utilization of University resources.
- Backdrops, hangers and flexes shall be provided by Office of Communication and Media. No printed material shall be accepted and put on display without approval of Office of Communication and Media. Photography shall also be provided by Office of Communication and Media.
- Music is not allowed in any case during any event.
All the correspondence with Office of Facilities Management shall take place in the following manner:
To : HEAD.OFM@UMT.EDU.PK
CC : BASHIR.AHMAD@UMT.EDU.PK; respective dean, director, chair, or head.