Web Services Overview
A range of integrated web communications and services such as site architecture and design, site review and analysis, database creation and general consultation for academic and administrative units of the University is provided by the OCM web team. The team is responsible for the official university web site and works with various institutes, centers, schools and departments to assist, develop and maintain a consistent web presence in line with University branding and visual identity.
The Web Services Team creates and enhances websites that are essential for conveying and accessing key University initiatives while also providing a variety of visual design strategy and content. Team members add value to projects by employing comprehensive analysis and creative strategy.
Team members contribute their expertise in project management, visual design, web design, web information architecture, usability and accessibility standards, and site development.
The major areas of focus are:
- UMT official website and other core web projects
- Upholding University requirements for UMT and its allied websites
- Electronic publishing
- Project planning and reporting
- Social Media Networking websites and features configuration
- CMS development
- Provide leadership and expertise in contributing in strategic development of the corporate University website
- Give technical support and training to departmental web administrators (to departments who want to manage their content within the Content Management System [CMS]) to update their pages.
- Update web content as deemed necessary or helps schools, departments, and centers to update and maintain their own content
- Develop and maintains websites, online graphics and forms
- Coordinate official university social media efforts
Web service request
Requesting web service is easy. Just fill out the web service request form and we will respond to your request. However, take care to ensure that the following criteria are met before submitting your request:
- A web administrator must be appointed from your department to act as a liaison person between the OCM web team and the department. The web administrator will be the focal person with whom we will communicate progress of the project and ask for assistance (if required).
- Please note that every project has to follow a timeline. We will only be able to accommodate your request after taking into consideration prior commitments.
- Once a project is completed, we will refer it to you for final review. Please complete the review process within the agreed upon timeline so that we finalize the project and move on to deployment.
We value and welcome feedback about the UMT website. Users are requested to fill out and submit the website comment form for making suggestions or sending your comments.
However, if you are attempting to contact relevant person regarding a departmental website, we advise you to do so through the contact list of the department concerned.