PhD (Special Education) Ohio State University USA
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Abdul Hameed earned his PhD from The Ohio State University, Columbus Ohio, USA in 1988. While majoring in technology, education his other focus was on special education and curriculum. His PhD dissertation was on “Development of a Test of Technological Literacy”. His academic interests include philosophy of technology, educational change, critical theory, contemporary research paradigms and attitudes measurement.
He is recipient of Professor’s Award on best academic performance at Ohio State University. He earned a gold medal in MA Education from IER, University of the Punjab. He is also a member of the National Council of Social Sciences. DrHameed has 27 years experience of university teaching in various positions. He is well known in the field of research and data analysis. He has been associated with UMT since its inception as ILM. He taught research and data analysis to MBA students at ILM for ten years. He remained a member of the UMT Selection Board for three years before joining the University.
DrHameed has more than 30 international presentations across eleven countries. He published 32 research papers in national and international research journals. He retired as Chairmen, Special Education Department, University of the Punjab. He conducted eleven research studies as Principal Investigator. DrHameed is an active member of various academic and professional bodies both at national and international levels. He is playing a leading role in movement for social inclusion through inclusive education.
PhD (Science Education) University of Hull UK
Professor, Director Graduate Studies
Email : email@example.com
Prof. Dr. Muhammad Zafar Iqbal joined the Department of Education, UMT, as Professor of Education in Feb. 2008. Additionally, he has served as a Dean, School of Social Sciences and Humanities for a period of three years w.e.f. March, 2008. Presently, he is working as Chairman of Department of Education w.e.f. October 2010. Prior to joining UMT as Professor, he has served, University of the Punjab, Institute of Education and Research (IER) from January 1974 to June 2008 in various capacities. He started his career as a Lecturer and retired as a Professor of Education. During his service at Punjab University, he established, Department of Science Education and introduced two Master’s degrees i.e. M.S.Ed. and M.Ed. Science. He was appointed as Chairman, Department of Science Education and served this position till his retirement. During his service at the IER, he has the honor to serve as Director of IER, and then as Dean, Faculty of Education, of the University of the Punjab. He has guided many PhD scholars in their research work for PhD degrees in Education. A summary of qualifications and experience of serving against various positions is given below.
PhD (Psychology) Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad Pakistan
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
PhD Mass Communication Frei University, West Berlin 1986, MA (Journalism) University of the Punjab Pakistan 1970
Email : email@example.com
Profile Dr. Professor Muhammad Khalid
Dr. Professor Muhammad Khalid is a media professional. He has served Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan as a Chairman of Mass Communication department. He did his master in Journalism from the University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan in 1970. He obtained his Ph. D. degree from the Department of Communication Sciences, Frei University, West Berlin in 1986. There, his research work was on the “Mass Communication in Developing Countries-Development of Radio Broadcasting in Pakistan”.
He is HEC Ph.D Approved Supervisor.
During his Education for Ph. D, he studied the courses on Communication Theories, Methods of Journalism and Mass Media Research, Communication Policies, Introduction to Electronic Data Processing, Mass Media History, Development of Electronic Media and Introduction to the German Renaissance Literature. Being in Germany, he had an opportunity to closely observe the Politics and Culture of Germany and its media industry.
For his Post-Doctoral Research program, he was awarded Fulbright research scholarship by the United States in 1999. There in March 2000, he completed a research project on “The US Mass Media and the Image of Muslim World” at The School of Journalism, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois.
In 1979-73 he worked as Reporter and Sub-Editor in "The Pakistan Press International (PP1), Daily "Javedan', and Daily "Jamhoor", Lahore. During his stay in Germany in 1982-83, he also worked as Editor in the monthly Journal"KARAVAN'- West Berlin.
In 1987, he joined the department of Political Science and Mass Communication, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan as an Assistant Professor. There he taught courses on Public relations, Research Methods in Mass Communication’ and Communication Theory, Development Support Communication, Research Methods in Mass Media and Public Relations to the Post Graduate Diploma and master level students of Mass Communication. He was promoted as Associate Professor there in May 1998. In May 2005, he was promoted to the position of a Professor in Mass Communication Department of B. Z. University.
In 2007, he joined department of Communication Studies, University of Sargodha, Sargodha, as an HEC Eminent Researcher and Educationist. In 2008, he moved back to Bahauddin Zakariya University as an HEC Eminent Researcher and Educationist. He also served there as Professor on contract basis for over four years.
Dr. Khalid has also rich experience in administration. He remained chairman of the Department for more than one-and –half years (2000-2001). From 1991-95, he served as Member Board of Studies in Political Science and Mass Communication, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan. During 1992, he remained the Member Executive Council, Pakistan Council of Media Education, and during 1993-94, the Advisor Students Affairs.
On international level, he participated in various conferences and workshops on the issues of Strengthening Journalism Education in South Asia, in Sri Lanka, and on "US Mass Media and the Image of the Muslim World" in at the university of Nebraska, USA.
Dr. Khalid published his book in 2012 on Press, Pressmen & Governments in Pakistan: Mishandling of Powers and Positions. His list of Research Articles is as under:
1. "Radio Broadcasting In Pakistan-Promise and Performance" Communications. (Frankfurt, Germany), vol. 23, No.2, (1987). P.7.
2. "Governing Systems of Broadcasting in Developing Countries", Journal of Research, Gomal University, D.I. Khan, Pakistan, Vol. 109. No. 1, (1990) P-9
3. "Communication Development Problems in the Third World”, journalism Quarterly, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan, Vol, 10, No.7-8, (1991).
4. "Examination System in Universities (Urdu) in Systems of Examinations in Pakistan-Crisis, Causes and Solution (Urdu), (Islamabad: Institute of Policy Studies, 1991) P-9
5. "Communication Role of Islam: Attitude of Islam Toward Pictorial Presentation", Journal of Research Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan, Vol. '10, (1993). P-14
6. "Public Corporation: A Popular Mode of Broadcasting Management", Journalism Quarterly, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan, Vol, .11, No.9-1 0, (1994). P-5
7. "Persuasion" in Public Relations: Study Guide. (Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad, 1998).
8. "Functions of Mass Media in Developing Countries-A Theoretical Case from Saudi Arabia, Journal of Research, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan, Vol. 16, (1999) P.8
9. "Communication and its Role for Promotion of Education”, Journalism Quarterly, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan, Vol. 1-2, (2000). P-14
10. "Curriculum Development for Journalism" Journal of Research, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan, Vol. 18, (2001).
11. "U.S. Mass Media and the Image of Muslim World", Pakistan Perspective, University of Karachi, Karachi, Vol. 6, No.2, (2001). P-16
12. “Mass Communication Education in Pakistan”, Journal of Research, B.Z. University, Multan, Vol. 21, 2003.
13. “Vision 2010—Decentralization and Mass Communication, Journal of Social Sciences & Humanities, Islamia University, Bahawalpur, Vol. 1, No.1, 2003.
14. “ Political, Social and Economic Developmental Role of the Former District Council Multan, Journal of Research, B.Z. University, Multan, Vol. 23, No. 1, 2004.
15. “Diffusion of Innovations and Mass Media—Agricultural Development Messages of the Pakistan Television and their Acceptance/ Adoption by the Target Audience”, Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, A.I.O.University, Islamabad, Vol. Xii, No. 2, Autumn, 2004.
16. Government and Non-Government News Coverage: A Comparative Study of the Front Page of the New York Times, Washington Post, Dawn and The Nation”, Journal of Social Sciences & Humanities, Islamia Univesity, Bahawalpur, Vol. 2, No. 1, 2004.
17. “Pakistan Main Digest Sahafat, Aqsam wa Asraat Ka Ajmali Jaiza (Digest Journalism in Pakistan, A short Survey of Types and Effects.” (Urdu), The Journal of Mass Communication Vol., 3, 2005, Department of Mass Communication, University of Karachi, Karachi.
18. “American Mass Media & Foreign Policy: A Study of the Role of White House and Mainstream Print & Electronic Media in Affecting the Process of Development of American Foreign Policy” Global Journal, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2008, Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad.
19. “Comparative Analysis of Pictorial Coverage of Events In Pakistan’s English Press”, European Journal of Scientific Research (EJSR), Vol. 23, No. 4, 2008.
20. “Western Media and Misconception about Islam”, Pakistan Journal of Islamic Research, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2008, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan.
“U.S. Mass Media & Muslim World- Portrayal of Muslim World by Newsweek and Time (1991-2001)”, European Journal of Scientific Research (EJSR), Vol. 21, No. 4 (2008).
“Role of Mainstream American Mass Media in Making and Manipulation of Images, with Special Reference to Islamic World”, Journal of Research, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Vol. 28, (2008).
“Negative Image of Islam and US Mass Media: A Study about the Suggestions to Improve the Image of Islam and Muslim Countries”, Journal of Research, Gomal University, D.I.Khan, Vol. 25, No. 2, (2009)
“U.S. Mass Media and the Image of Bangladesh: A Study about the Portrayal of Bangladesh by Newsweek and Time (1991-2001)”, Journal of South Asian Studies, University of the Punjab, Lahore, (submitted).
“Mass Media Education in the Colleges of the Punjab Province (Urdu)”, Submitted for publication in the Journal of Social Sciences, University of Peshawar, Peshawar.
“Violent Contents In Pakistani and Indian Movies: A Comparative Study”, Global Media Journal, (on-line journal), AIOU, Islamabad Chapter), 2012
PhD Education Hamdard University Pakistan
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Usman Khalil has a vast experience of teaching at different levels i.e. School, College and at University level. He established schools in the needy and slum areas of Karachi with enthusiastic fervor in the interest of community development. He rendered social services to different organizations with sincere dedication and commitment with fruitful results. Dr. Usman Khalil has worked in different capacities in different organizations (Pak organization of worker in educational research (POWER), Lyari Foundations Karachi, Usmania Educational Society Karachi, AFAQ Lahore and Some others) as secretary, consultant and advisor.
Dr. Usman has a sound experience in research supervision at Master, M.Phil and PhD level. His areas of interest are, Educational Research, Academic Leadership, History of Education and Philosophy of Education.
Dr Khalil is a member of different associations and also member of different university bodies (University of Education Lahore, University of Management and Technology Lahore, Hamdard University Karachi etc):
MA Applied Linguistics University of Exceter UK
Email : email@example.com
PhD Education UMT, Lahore Pakistan, M Phil Education UMT, Lahore Pakistan
Associate Professor, Chairperson Department of Education
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
PhD Arabic PU, Lahore
Email : email@example.com
PhD Psychology GCU, Lahore, MS Clinical Psychology GCU, Lahore
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
MPhil (Mass Communication) University of the Punjab Pakistan
Email : email@example.com
Tayyab Farooq Bhatti is Head of the Knowledge Unit, Media and Communication. His teaching interests are media, mass communication, journalism, media sociology, public relations and advertising. He developed BS and MS programs of Media and Communication that were launched by UMT. He established UMT’s Research and Reference Section to provide research facilities to the teachers as well as students. Tayyab prepared 26 courses for an undergraduate program with their descriptions and reference books for the Mass Communication Department, University of the Gujrat. Tayyab Bhatti supervised the material development, designing and printing of all UMT publications.
He managed and organized UMT admission and media campaigns including budgeting, designing, and placement for seven consecutive years. He also supervised the design, content and deployment of the UMT Website. He directed UMT documentary films and contributed more than 30 articles / columns to leading national newspapers including the Daily Jang. He served as Head, Media Advertising & Promotion Department at UMT. He was Chief Editor, Akhbar-i-Jamia at University of the Punjab and Editor “Moments and Momentum” (UMT Newsletter).
Tayyab Farooq Bhatti also participated in the International Kashmir Conference, London, UK. He attended the Peace Mission Conference, Kabul, Afghanistan in 1992, visited Tehran on official invitation extended by the Iranian government and attended Kashmir Congress held in Paris, France. His global exposure and experience comprises of visits to the UK, France, Jordan, UAE, Oman, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Iran and Afghanistan, where he studied media practice in these countries.
PhD (Islamic Studies) Karachi University Pakistan
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Muhammad Tahir Mustafa is a renowned Religious Scholar, Academician, Author and Anchor of Religious Programs on various TV channels. Currently working as Assistant Prof in the Department of Islamic Thought and Civilization at UMT, Dr Tahir earned his PhD in Quran and Sunnah from the University of Karachi, Karachi, in 2007 and joined UMT in April 2008.
Prior to joining UMT, Dr Tahir worked for 20 years as an academician in Islamabad where he authored many books and contributed in curriculum development in the subject of Islamic Studies as member of National Review Committee, Ministry of Education, Islamabad.
However,the most recent accomplishment eclipses all else, Dr.Tahir Mustafa has become first person in the world and history after doing complete Translation of the Holy Quran in Urdu Language but with Dotless words. Dr.Tahir says this is not only the distinguished honour for him but also for UMT.
In this regard
Dr.Tahir Mustafa was interviewed by Dunya TV in its distinguished Programe Hasb e Haal on 11 July,2013 for becoming the First Person in the World and History to Translate the Holy Quran into Urdu with using only Dotless Words.
In an exclusive panel interview of the popluar program Hasb-e-Haal, broadcast on 11 July,2013 on Dunya TV, Dr Tahir shared with the audience that this effort required patient study and concentration but it was only through Allah's blessing that he was able to fulfill his dream of putting together a ghair manqoot translation of the Holy Quran. We congratulate Dr Tahir on this great achievement and pray for a continuation of his efforts to promote Islam.
For program reference, please visit HASB-E-HAAL-ON-DUNYA-NEWS–11TH-JULY-2013.
Moreover, Dr.Muhammad Tahir Mustafa authored dozens of the books and his main renowned books are:.
Falsafa e Asma e Rasool
Seerat ur Rasool Fee Asma e Rasool
Tafseeri Rujhanat ka Irtiqa
Islah e Ahwal ka Aakhri Hal (Afkar e Shah Waliullah ki Roshni mein)
Tareekh e Tafseer Wa Usool e Tafseer
Tareekh e Hadith Wa Usool e Hadith
Dr. Muhammad Tahir Mustafa has also great contribution in Curriculum Development of Islamic Studies. As a Member of National Review Committee Islamabad and Provincial Review Committee, Lahore in Subject of Islamic Studies , Dr. Tahir worked a lot with Ministry of Education Islamabad in respect of Development of Curriculum of Islamic Studies.
Dr. Tahir Mustafa also Developed and Authored Course books right from Class I to M.A Classes, His books are taught in different Schools, Colleges and Universities of Pakistan. The book of Islamiyat Compulsory for Matriculation Class which is officially taught throughout the country. Dr. Tahir Mustafa is one of the authors of the book, His books are Published by different Publishers as well as National Book Foundation of Pakistan Islamabad.
Main Disciplines of Teaching in UMT to M.Phil and Ph.D Classes
Awards and Distinctions:
1. First Prime Minister Award on Maqala-e-Seerat in National Seerat Conference, Islamabad, held on 12th Rabi-ul-Awwal 1425 A.H (2004 A.D)
2. Star Award in 1999 and 2003 by South Asia Publications, Karachi, Pakistan
* Recently performing as Anchor/Host in weekly program “Mard e Momin” on ARY QTV
Participated as anchor, orator and judge in program “Araish-e-Asma un Nabi (PBUH)” 30 episodes in live Iftar Transmission of GEO Television in recent Holy month of Ramadan 2012.
1. Participated as Book Author in Program “Kitab” in PTV NEWS on 28.7.2010 for recording and program went on air on 23.8.2010.
2. Participated as religious speaker in live Shab e Bra’t transmission of PTV on 27.7.2010
3. 36 episode of Program “Gumnam Ushshaq e Rasool” went on air during 16.2.2010 to 27.2.2010
4. Conducted daily Aftar Transmission (Live) as a host at Royal TV daily durin the holy Month of Ramazan 1430.
5. Program, Mamoolat-e-Nabvi. Telecasted by GEO TV from first Ramazan to 30th Ramazan 1430 at alternate days.
6. Program “Gul Hay e Drood” telecasted by GEO TV from 1st to 12th Rabi ul Awwal 1430
7. Designed, wrote and participated in Pakistan Television program Islam Deen-e-Amn.
8. Compere, religious programs, Radio Pakistan, Islamabad.
9. Feature writer, Radio Pakistan, Islamabad.
10. Designed program Asma-e-Rasul, Pakistan Television Centre, Islamabad, for transmission in the holy month of Rabi-ul-Awwal.
11. Designed, and participated as a speaker, in Pakistan Television program Ramadan, Quran aur Sahib-e-Quran, for thirty episodes in the holy month of Ramadan (Dec 21, 1998 – Jan 1, 1999).
12. Writer and Researcher, program Quran Shanasi, Pakistan Television Centre, Islamabad, for special transmission in the holy month of Ramadan (Dec, 1997 – Jan, 1998).
13. Religious speaker, Radio Pakistan, Rawalpindi and Islamabad.
14. Participated as religious speaker several times in Pakistan Television programs.
15. Program Piyaray Nabi k Piyaray Naam Though out Holy month of Ramadan on ATV in 2008 (30 Episodes)
16. Program Asma-un-Nabi 30 Episodes on NOOR TV ,Bermingam England
17. Program Asma-ul-Husna, Through out Holy Month of Ramadan in 2007, on ATV, Islamabad (30 Episodes, in Live Transmission)
18. Program Asma-un-Nabi,Through out Holy month of Ramadan in 2007, on GEO Television (30 Episodes).
19. Hosted whole night Programe “Shab e Inaam” of GEO TV in 27th night of Ramazan ul Mubarik 1431
v Phalsafa-e-Asma-e-Rasool,Containing781Pages,Published by
Al Faisal,Urdu Bazar Lahore November 2008.
1. Seerat-ur-Rasul-Fi-Asma-er-Rasul, a book on the life history of the Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) under 100 titles of his holy names published by Sadiq Publications, Urdu Bazaar, Lahore.
2. Al-Quran, for students of M.A Isl. Studies, published by Shakeel Sons, Urdu Bazaar, Rawalpindi.
3. Quran Shanasi, a quiz book of the complete Holy Quran, published by Makki Dar-ul-Kutb, Urdu Bazaar, Lahore.
4. Tafseeri Rujhanat ka Irtaqa, for students of M.A Isl. Studies, published by Shakeel Sons, Urdu Bazaar, Rawalpindi.
5. Islah-e-Ahwaal ka Aakhri Hal, a socio-economic research book, published by Makki Dar-ul-Kutb, Urdu Bazaar, Lahore.
6. Al-Hadith, for students of M.A Isl. Studies, published by Shakeel Sons, Urdu Bazaar, Rawalpindi.
7. Muarif-e-Islamiat for students of Intermediate classes, published by Asim Brothers, New Urdu Bazaar, Rawalpindi.
8. Sana Islamiat (Objective) for the students of Intermediate classes, published by Shakeel Sons, Urdu Bazaar, Rawalpindi.
9. Sana Islamiat (Objective) for the students of Matriculation, published by Shakeel Sons, Urdu Bazaar, Rawalpindi.
10. Islamiat (Capital Helping Hand) for students of Matriculation, published by Asim Brothers, New Urdu Bazaar, Rawalpindi.
11. Co-author, Islamiat, textbook for classes IX and X, published by Punjab, Sindh, NWFP and Baluchistan Textbook Board of Pakistan; also published by National Book Foundation, Islamabad.
12. Revised Islamiat for class VIII, as one of the members of National Review Committee regarding the subject of Islamiat, Ministry of Education (Curriculum Wing) Islamabad, published by Punjab, Sindh, NWFP and Baluchistan Textbook Board of Pakistan; also published by National Book Foundation, Islamabad.
13. Revised Islamiat for class VII, as one of the members of National Review Committee regarding the subject of Islamiat, Ministry of Education (Curriculum Wing) Islamabad, published by Punjab, Sindh, NWFP and Baluchistan Textbook Board of Pakistan; also published by National Book Foundation, Islamabad.
14. Revised Islamiat for class VI, as one of the members of National Review Committee regarding the subject of Islamiat, Ministry of Education (Curriculum Wing) Islamabad, published by Punjab, Sindh, NWFP and Baluchistan Textbook Board of Pakistan; also published by National Book Foundation, Islamabad.
15. Co-author, Lughat-ul-Quran for class VII, published by Punjab, Sindh, NWFP, and Baluchistan Textbook Board of Pakistan; also published by National Book Foundation, Islamabad.
16. Editor, Islamiat, textbook for class VI, published by National Book Foundation, Islamabad; Recommended by Federal Ministry of Education (Curriculum Wing) Islamabad.
17. Shaoor-e-Islamiat (Urdu) for class I, published by National Book Foundation, Islamabad; Recommended by Federal Ministry of Education (Curriculum Wing) Islamabad.
18. Shaoor-e-Islamiat (Urdu) for class II, published by National Book Foundation, Islamabad; Recommended by Federal Ministry of Education (Curriculum Wing) Islamabad.
19. Shaoor-e-Islamiat (Urdu) for class III, published by National Book Foundation, Islamabad; Recommended by Federal Ministry of Education (Curriculum Wing) Islamabad.
20. Shaoor-e-Islamiat (English) for class I, published by National Book Foundation, Islamabad; Recommended by Federal Ministry of Education (Curriculum Wing) Islamabad.
21. Shaoor-e-Islamiat (English) for class II, published by National Book Foundation, Islamabad; Recommended by Federal Ministry of Education (Curriculum Wing) Islamabad.
22. Shaoor-e-Islamiat (English) for class III, published by National Book Foundation, Islamabad; Recommended by Federal Ministry of Education (Curriculum Wing) Islamabad.
23. Hamari Islamiat (Ibtidai), published by Asim Brothers, New Urdu Bazaar, Rawalpindi.
24. Hamari Islamiat for class I, published by Asim Brothers, New Urdu Bazaar, Rawalpindi.
25. Hamari Islamiat for class II, published by Asim Brothers, New Urdu Bazaar, Rawalpindi.
26. Hamari Islamiat for class III, published by Asim Brothers, New Urdu Bazaar, Rawalpindi.
27. Islamiat (Workbook) for class I, published by Asim Brothers, New Urdu Bazaar, Rawalpindi.
28. Islamiat (Workbook) for class II, published by Asim Brothers, New Urdu Bazaar, Rawalpindi.
29. Islamiat (Workbook) for class III, published by Asim Brothers, New Urdu Bazaar, Rawalpindi.
30. Islamiat (Workbook) for class IV, published by Asim Brothers, New Urdu Bazaar, Rawalpindi.
31. Islamiat (Workbook) for class V, published by Asim Brothers, New Urdu Bazaar, Rawalpindi.
32. Diniyat (Ibtidai), published by Sadiq Publications, Urdu Bazaar, Lahore.
33. Diniyat for class I, published by Sadiq Publications, Urdu Bazaar, Lahore.
34. Diniyat for class II, published by Sadiq Publications, Urdu Bazaar, Lahore.
35. Diniyat for class III, published by Sadiq Publications, Urdu Bazaar, Lahore.
36. Uloom-e-Islamiat for class IV, published by Sadiq Publications, Urdu Bazaar, Lahore.
37. Uloom-e-Islamiat for class V, published by Sadiq Publications, Urdu Bazaar, Lahore.
38. Uloom-e-Islamiat for class VI, published by Sadiq Publications, Urdu Bazaar, Lahore.
39. Uloom-e-Islamiat for class VII, published by Sadiq Publications, Urdu Bazaar, Lahore.
40. Uloom-e-Islamiat for class VIII, published by Sadiq Publications, Urdu Bazaar, Lahore.
41. Islamiat (English Version) for classes I to X, a project in progress, to be published by Bookland, Urdu Bazaar, Lahore.
42. Editor-in-Chief, Rawal, magazine of PAF Inter College, Sector E-9, Islamabad.
43. Columnist of The Jang, Rawalpindi, and The Asas, Rawalpindi.
44. Editor, College Gazette in academic period, Government College, Sahiwal.
45. Ihsan-e-Rasul, published by Sadiq Publications, Urdu Bazaar, Lahore.
46. Ihtaram-e-Orat, published by Sadiq Publications, Urdu Bazaar, Lahore.
47. Sana Islamic Studies (Elective) for 1st Year Classes published by Shakeel Sons, Urdu Bazar Rawalpindi.
48. Sana Islamic Studies (Elective) for 2nd Year Classes published by Shakeel Sons, Urdu Bazar Rawalpindi.
PhD (Arabic) ,National University of Modern Languages, Islamabad Pakistan
Email : email@example.com
MA Educational Leadership & Management UMT, Lahore Pakistan
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Sajid Masood has more than eighteen years of teaching and administrative experience at various institutions of Lahore. He started his career as Principal of The Punjab School, one of the most prestigious school of the Lahore. He served as Principal Professional Development Centre of the Punjab School System and looked after professional development needs of the teaching faculty. He joined University of Management & Technology as a full time faculty member in 2005. He is teaching various courses in MA Education and MA ELM programs.
PhD (Islamic Studies) University of the Punjab, Lahore
Email : email@example.com
Dr Amjad Waheed joined School of Social Sciences and Humanities (SSS&H), UMT in 2005. He is a member of the National Curriculum Review Committee (NCRC) of HEC. He is also a member of International Society for the Comparative Study of Civilizations (ISCSC) and Council of Social Sciences Pakistan (COSS). He is the editor of the Journal of Islamic Thought and Civilization and reviewer of the Journal of European Studies. He is chairman of the board of studies of Hast-o-Nesst Institute of Traditional Studies and Arts and also on the board of Dabistan-e-Iqbal. Dr Waheed has designed and taught a wide range of PhD and MPhil courses, including Islamic Civilization and Cultures, Comparative Study of Civilizations, Islamic Thought and Civilization and Western Thought and Civilization. In his decade long academic career, he has worked in the areas of Contemporary Civilizations and Muslim Cultures and also supervised 15 PhD and MPhil scholars. Dr Waheed has delivered eleven LEAF discourses and presented papers in a number of international symposiums and conferences.
MA Film University of Wales, Newport UK, MA Mass Communication PU, Lahore Pakistan
Assistant Professor, Head CBS
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Rashid Khan at present, is a PhD Scholar and teaching in the department of Media and Communication as Assistant Professor in UMT and advisor BS Media and Communication Program from last four years. He recently handed over the charge of UMT Broadcasting House as Head which includes UMT Radio FM98.2, UMT Social Media and Forthcoming UMT TV. He is also member of many UMT Core committees.
Mr. Rashid Khan has been associated with Electronic Media Industry. After successful completion of MA FILM degree from University of Wales, UK in 2010, he joined Institute of Communication Studies, University of the Punjab, Lahore, as a career in Education Sector.
Rashid Khan has served Institute of Communication Studies, University of the Punjab as a Lecturer and Programs Manager University Radio Broadcasting House PU FM 104.6. He has also been Incharge Punjab University Television PU TV. During his services for Institute of Communication Studies, he polished student's natural talent and skills for Radio and Television Industry as presenter, Program Producer, Reporter, News Caster and so on as a class instructor and Radio Program Manager.
He is member of Higher Education Commission (HEC) National Curriculum Committee from last three years. It is worth mentioning here that Mr. Rashid Khan has contributed Four Major Media Courses in HEC BS-Media and Communication Curriculum nationwide which is big achievement for him.
Besides his University educational contributions, he has been working in media industry as Assistant/ Associate Producer and Director in ATV where he introduced many vocal talents who later got fame throughout the world by participating in mega singing competitions. He has strength in Script Writing for film and television, Direction, Pre-Production, Production and Post-Production.
As a student of Mass Communication in Punjab University, he worked days and nights during the earth quake disaster in 2005 in Abbottabad for rehabilitation of victims and reporting assignment with a team of British doctors. He also served voluntarily to the University Radio FM 104.6 where he contributed in every area of broadcasting house. He has won award for the best producer for news and current affairs. Last but not the least, he contributed one short film in Cannes Film Festival, France in 2011 and looks forward for the same achievements in future.
MPhil (Education) UMT, Lahore Pakistan
Email : email@example.com
PhD Psychology Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad Pakistan
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
PhD Philology, West University of Timisoara, Romania
Email : email@example.com
PhD Islamic Finance Punjab University, Lahore
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
PhD English Linguistics NUML, Islamabad, MA English IUB
Email : email@example.com
PhD, University of the Punjab, Lahore
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
M Phil Psychology GCU, Lahore Pakistan
Email : email@example.com
M Phil University of the Punjab, Lahore Pakistan
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
PhD English Literature University of Northampton UK
Email : email@example.com
Dept of English Language and Literature
University of Management and Technology Lahore
C-II, Johar Town Lahore, Pakistan
UAN: +92 42 111 300 200
Tel: +92 42 35212801-10
My principal research lie in the field of Postcolonial English literatures in general and Nigerian theatre and drama in particular. I plan to continue exploring the thematic, theoretical and traditional paradigms of African performance praxis and to devise specific models by which to investigate the culturally rich and varied dimensions of African theatrical arts and post-colonial literatures in general. I also aim to keep offering my acquired skills and teaching experience to quality academic institutes for different courses in English literature and language.
2012 – 2015 PhD – Nigerian Drama
The University of Northampton, School of the Arts
Supervisors: Dr Victor Ukaegbu (first); Prof Janet Wilson (second; Director of Studies);
2005 – 2008 MPhil in English Literature
University of the Punjab, Dept of English Language and Literature
2003 – 2004 Postgraduate Diploma in English Language Teaching
University of the Punjab, Dept of English language and Literature
1994 – 1997 Masters in English
Government College University, Department of English
1991 – 1994 Graduation in English Literature and Statistics
Lahore College for Women University, Pakistan
1989 – 1991 Intermediate in English Literature, Statistics and Health and Physical Education
Lahore College for Women University
1980-1989 Secondary School Examination in Science subjects
Divisional Public School, Model Town, Lahore, Pakistan
Exp Monograph My thesis is being accepted for publication as monograph in a New Series World Literature Studies with Ibidem Verlag. It is expected to come out in Spring 2016.
July 15-to date Writing a series of skill-based and research process related articles for The Aspiring Professionals’ Hub.
April 2015 Research paper titled: ‘Femi Osofisan’s Subversive Metatheatre in The Chattering and the Song’, for International Journal of Arts and Sciences, ISSN: 1944-6934, Pages 499-511, Volume 8, Number 2 (April 2015)
May 2014 Research paper titled: ‘Modulation of Dramatic Distance, The Case of Wole Soyinka’s King Baabu’, for Humanities and Social Sciences Review, published by University Publications.net, USA, Pages 73-85, Volume 3, Number 2 (May 2014)
2009 (Oct & Dec) Winning essays on the topics: ‘What Steps Should We Take to Preserve Pakistan’s Rich Cultural Heritage’? and ‘Challenges Facing Pakistani Youth in the 21st Century’ for essay competition, published by NEWS & VIEWS, monthly magazine of the U.S. Embassy in Pakistan
2009 (March) Research paper titled: ‘Consummation through Twin Suicides in Ibsen’ for Journal of Research (Humanities), published by University of the Punjab, Lahore. Pages 101-112, Volume XLII-XLV (January 2006-January 2009)
2004 Interactive theatre plays titled: Journey through the Life of Courageous Women; Co-translated, co-edited and compiled a collection of four Interactive theatre plays for Interactive Resource Centre, Lahore (A Dfid funded project)
1997-2008 Contributed several articles on various themes, published in dailies The News International, Dawn, The Nation and The Frontier Post, Pakistan
1999 – 2015 Senior Lecturer in English (BPS-17); Employer: Education department (Govt of the Punjab)
2009 – 2010 Visiting Faculty Member at University of Gujrat, Gujrat
1997 – 1998 Lecturer in English (BPS-17) at WISE Girls College, Lahore
2012-2015 Voluntary host
Friendship International Students and Hosts, University of Northampton
Conducted storytelling sessions/workshops for international students on November 13, 2012; November 11, 2013; February 2, 2015
2012 – 2014 Voluntary Service for Oxfam
Kingsthorpe Branch, Northampton
2011 – 2013 Interpretation and Translation Services
Talking Heads Languages Ltd, Seaton Business Park, Sheffield
2011 – 2012 Voluntary host for International Students
International Students Club at Emmanuel Centre, Woodhouse Lane, Leeds
Facilitating communication among students belonging to different ethnic, religious, cultural and academic groups; arranging/organising activities for the promotion of cross-cultural liaison; guiding/assisting the students in problems of both academic and personal nature.
2011 – 2012 Voluntary Project Leader
Global Perspectives Anthology project (Published April 2012) for the Intercultural Ambassador’s Programme, University of Leeds
I was selected by the University of Leeds, International Office for the prestigious Intercultural Ambassador’s Program. I did a creative writing project called ‘Global Perspectives on Universal Tales’, which involved a creative writing workshop and publication of an anthology based on winning cultural adaptations of famous fairytales.
June 2011 Member organising committee Empowerment and The Sacred: An Interdisciplinary Conference organised by ICPS, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
June 2011 Member organising committee Between Kismet and Karma, a publication launch event arranged by Shisha, The International Agency for Contemporary South Asian Crafts and Visual Arts, based in Manchester in collaboration with the University of Leeds, Theatre Workshop, School of English, University of Leeds, UK
Beaconhouse School System (Garden Town Branch), Lahore, Inter-School Bilingual Declamation Contest: 23 January 2009; Government Post Graduate College For Women, Sahiwal, Chief Minister’s Speech/Debate/Essay Writing Competition 2009 (Divisional/Degree Level): 18 December 2009; Beaconhouse School System (CSC Boys Branch), Lahore, Inter-House English Declamation Contest 2010: 7 January 2010
1997 – 1998 Internee Sub-Editor at Daily The Nation, Lahore
Editing stories, features, book reviews and interviews; contributing articles to different sections of the magazine.
March 2014 Chancellor's Fund to attend conference in Johannesburg, South Africa. Awarded by: The University of Northampton
Nov 2013 Chancellor's Fund to attend conference in Freiburg, Germany. Awarded by: The University of Northampton
July 2013 Postgraduate Student Research Fund to attend conference in London. Awarded by: School of the Arts, The University of Northampton
July 2012-15 Awarded partial scholarship towards tuition fee to pursue PhD research. Awarded by: The University of Northampton
2011 Punjab Public Service Commission, Education Department, Government of Punjab for the Post of Assistant Professor in English
1999 Punjab Public Service Commission, Education Department, Government of Punjab for the post of Lecturer in English
1999 Punjab Public Service Commission; Technical Wing, Education Department, Government of Punjab
July 2013 to date AfTA (African Theatre Association)
Aug 2013 to date ALA (African Literature Association)
July 2012 to date Postcolonial Visual Culture, Performance and Narrative Group
School of the Arts, The University of Northampton
7 Nov 2014 Presented paper on ‘Femi Osofisan’s Subversive Metatheatre in The Chattering and the Song’’ at the IJAS (International Journal of Arts and Sciences) Conference, Nov 7, University of London, United Kingdom.
11 April 2014 Presented paper on ‘Manipulating Dramatic Distance through Historical Metatheatre: The Case of Ola Rotimi’s Kurunmi and Hopes of the Living Dead’ at the ALA (African Literature Association) Conference, April 9-13, Johannesburg, South Africa.
4 Dec 2013 Presented paper on ‘Modulation of Dramatic Distance: The Case of Wole Soyinka’s King Baabu’ at the IJAS (International Journal of Arts and Sciences) Conference, Dec 3-6, Freiburg, Germany.
19 Sep 2013 Presented paper on ‘Interplay of Real and Fictive Constructs in Ola Rotimi’s Dramaturgy’ at the Annual Postgraduate Research Conference, School of the Arts 2013, The University of Northampton.
12 July 2013 Presented paper on ‘Manoeuvring Dramatic Distance through Metatheatrical Techniques in selected Post-Independence Nigerian Drama’ at AfTA (African Theatre Association) Annual International Conference, Goldsmiths, University of London & University of Derby, United Kingdom.
27 June 2013 Presented paper on ‘Metatheatricality through Intertextuality’ at Annual Postgraduate and Early Researchers Conference, The University of Northampton.
22 May 2013 Presented seminar on ‘Metatheatrical Distancing: A Reading Framework at School of the Arts Seminar Series, The University of Northampton.
23 Oct 2012 Presented Research at the Induction Programme, Graduate School, The University of Northampton.
14 Sep 2012 Presented paper on ‘Metatheatrical Distancing: A New Approach to the Study of Nigerian Drama’ at the School of the Arts Annual Postgraduate Research Conference 2012, The University of Northampton.
13 Dec 2011 Presented paper on ‘The Dynamics of Nigerian Metatheatre’ at University of Leeds Annual Postgraduate Researcher Conference 2011: Showcase 2011 Conference in Three Minutes Thesis Competition organised by the Graduate Training & Support Centre, University of Leeds, UK. <http://lutube.leeds.ac.uk/percsa/videos/8919>
17 Sep 2011 Presented paper on ‘Exploring Psychological Impact of Proverbs on Postcolonial Subjects in Ghana with special reference to Ama Ata Aidoo’s plays: Anowa and The Dilemma of a Ghost’ at Triangle Conference, School of English, University of Leeds, UK.
Oct-Dec 2005 Did Certificate course for English Special Seminar Session on ‘Post Colonial Studies’ by Dr Fawzia Afzal Khan, held at GC University, Lahore.
Sep 2012 Beginning Teaching in HE Program, School of Education, UoN, UK.
2012 Leeds University English Language Test, University of Leeds.
1998 Certificat D'Etudes De langue Francaise, Alliance Francaise De Lahore.
1992 The Second Inter-Collegiate Statistical Competition (1991-92), Won 2nd Prize, Kinnaird College for Women, Lahore.
1991 National Guards (Certificate of Service), National Cadet Corps and Women Guards.
WORKSHOPS & SEMINARS__________________________________________________________
22 September 2015 Conducted Seminar for PhD students on the topic: 'Mecahnics of PhD Proposal Writing', DELL, UMT Lahore.
23 May 2015 Delivered seminar for PhD students on the topic: ‘How to write a good research proposal’, DELL, UMT Lahore.
2012-14 Attendance in Graduate School Workshops, The University of Northampton.
May 2011 Training workshop organised by Mind The Gap, an international touring theatre company, based in Bradford, UK, (24-25 May 2011).
2004 Training workshop on Internet Resources for English Language Professionals, organised by the American Center, Lahore.
PhD Communication Studies Universite de Bourgogne, Dijon, France
Assistant Professor, Chairperson Department of Media and Communication
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Farasat Rasool
PhD Communication Sciences
Universite de Bourgogne, Dijon, France.
Specialization: Media Sociology, Semiotics.
PhD Special Education Punjab University, Lahore Pakistan, MA Technology Education Punjab University, Lahore Pakistan
Email : email@example.com
PhD English UMT, Lahore, Pakistan
Assistant Professor, Chairperson Department of English Language and Literature
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
M Phil (Applied Linguistics) UMT, Lahore Pakistan
Email : email@example.com
MPhil (Applied Psychology) Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad Pakistan
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Huma Shahid joined the School of Social Sciences and Humanities at UMT as Lecturer in Psychology in February, 2011. She completed her M.Phil in 2010 from National Institute of Psychology, Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad with Academic Performance Award. Before joining UMT, she taught “Organizational Behavior” to undergraduate business students as a visiting Lecturer at London School of Management and Technology till Feb, 2011.
She also worked for Kashmir Education Foundation in the administration and interpretation of Assessment of Preschoolers Intellectual Functioning. She also worked as Trainee Psychologist at Diabetic’s Institute Pakistan, Lahore in 2008. She did her graduation from Forman Christian College, Lahore in 2008.
She has presented Research Papers at National Conference on Research in Psychology: Indigenous and Cultural Context at NIP, Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad and Child & Family Conference 2010 at Home Economics College, Lahore. Her research interests lie in the areas of Social Psychology, Gender Issues and Organizational Psychology.
Besides, she is Program Coordinator and Student Advisor at Department of Psychology, UMT
PhD In Progress PU, Lahore, MS Mass Communication LCWU, Lahore
Email : email@example.com
Media & Communication Department
MPhil Special Education University of Management and Technology, Lahore Pakistan
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Amna Arif joined UMT, School of Social Sciences and Humanities in February 2008. She is working as a lecturer in Department of Special Needs Education. She holds an M.Sc degree in Applied Psychology with distinction from University of the Punjab. She has completed M.Phil Special Education from UMT and earned Rector Medal.
Now she is a PhD scholar at UMT in the same field i.e. Special Education. She has been teaching the students of BS Social Sciences and MA Special Education and Education at UMT. Before joining UMT, she worked in an NGO for the management of special children as a psychologist.
She worked for 1 year with the Head of Psychiatry Department in Fatima Memorial Hospital for the rehabilitation of persons with psychological problems. Her aim as a psychologist and as a special educator is to help humanity and do something valuable for the betterment of persons with disabilities and for society at large
MS Clinical Psychology GC University Pakistan
Email : email@example.com
Ms Sidra Afzal joined School of Social Sciences and Humanities in a September, 2012 asÂ a Lecturer. She is Clinical Psychologist by training. She graduated from Lahore College for Women University Lahore and joined Government College University, Lahore for her Masters in Psychology and MS in Clinical Psychology.
Currently she is enrolled in BeaconHouse National University as a PhD Scholar.Â Earlier she served Â BeaconHouse National University Lahore as a Lecturer and taught B.Sc, M.Sc and MS students. She is seasoned Addiction Psychologist and served various Rehabs of Lahore over the period of two years. (2010- 2012)
Her research paper on “Stress in Special Education teachers; A Psychometric Study” was presented in the International Conference on Industrial And Organizational Psychology; Trends , Challenges and Applications, organized by National Institute of Psychology, Quaid-e-Azam University Islamabad, April ,2012.
She has teaching interests in Clinical Psychology, Addiction Psychology, Psychopathology, Assessment & Diagnosis and Interventions.She has also supervised Clinical Case studies for Lab in Psychopathology. Her research interests are Postnatal/ Neonatal Health and Clinical Research. She is also member of Pakistan Association of Cognitive Therapists (PACT).
She is Incharge Psych- Soc, society of Psychology students.
PhD (Interdisciplinary Child Research) - In Progress Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway, MPhil Childhood Studies Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
Email : Azher.firstname.lastname@example.org
MPhil Psychology PU, Lahore Pakistan, MSc Psychology PU, Lahore Pakistan
Email : email@example.com
MPhil Mass Communication PU, Lahore
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
MS Mass Communication Lahore College Women University, Lahore, MSc Mass Communication PU, Lahore
Email : email@example.com
MS Psychology New York University, USA
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
MPhil Special Education (In Progress)) UMT, Lahore Pakistan, MA Speical Education Punjab University, Lahore Pakistan
Email : email@example.com
MCom (Hons) Hailey College of Commerce, Lahore Pakistan 2012
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
M Phil Education UMT, Lahore, MA Leadership and Management UMT, Lahore
Email : email@example.com
MPhil ITC UMT, Lahore Pakistan, MA Islamic Studies ,Loughborough University UK
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Hanna-e-Kalbi has been working at UMT since July, 2009. Her interests are Qur'an, Hadith and Comparative Religions. She is author of Concept of Trinity and Jesus' Divinity: A Muslim Critical Examination (Jan 6, 2012). Her MPhil reasearch was on the topic, "Bernard Lewis in Islam: A Critical Study".
PhD Education Punjab University, Lahore Pakistan, BSc Botany & Zoology Punjab University, Lahore Pakistan
Email : email@example.com
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
MA Special Education San Francisco State University USA
Email : email@example.com
Fozia Mushtaq Mannon joined the School of Social Sciences and Humanities at UMT in Feb., 2012 as a Lecturer in Department of Special Needs Education. She earned her Masters Degree in May 2010 named Special Education with the emphasis on Visual Impairments from San Francisco State University, USA.
She was awarded the ambassadorial scholarship by Rotary International in 2008. She served as a Teacher of Visually Impaired for almost 5 years. She also worked as a Principal in 2010. For the very first time she developed a course in Braille Grade 1 and taught the course in summer 2012.
One of her passion is to develop Assistive Technology Lab at UMT and she has been actively involved in this process. For this purpose she arranged essential equipment for the Assistive Technology Lab in the area of Visual Impairments.
MA (Special Education) University of the Punjab Pakistan
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
AsmaaNouman joined the School of Social Sciences and Humanities at UMT as Lecturer in Special Education in February 2010. She is Academic Coordinator and Students’ Advisor. She completed her Masters in Special Education in 1999 with area of specialization in Mental Retardation. Then she joined Children’s Hospital and The Institute of Child Health as Special Needs Educationist in 2000.
She was the pioneer of Learning Centre in the Department of Developmental Pediatrics as well as she served as faculty of BSc Physiotherapy there. During this time she took individual and group behavior and educational management sessions with the parents and also their children suffering with Mental Retardation, Learning Disabilities, Autism, Fragile X Syndrome, Down syndrome and Attention Deficits Hyperactivity Disorders.
She also taught the subject of Special Education to the students of BSc Physiotherapy as visiting faculty till 2007 and taught there all major disability area. She joined the Department of Special Education, Punjab University, Lahore, as lecturer in 2001 till 2006. She has completed her course work for PhD in Special Education from PU with area of specialization in Hearing Impairment.
PhD Political Science Purdue University USA, M Phil American Studies Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad Pakistan
Email : email@example.com
Dr. Waheed A. Khan earned his Ph.D. in Political Science from Purdue University, Indiana (USA) in 2007. His major area of specialization was in International Relations, while he minored in Comparative Politics, International Political Economy, and History of U.S. Foreign Policy. His Ph.D. dissertation was entitled “Domestic Legitimacy and Interstate Rivalry Relationship”. His scholarly interests include legitimacy of states and regimes; connection between domestic and international politics; South Asian Politics; Political Economy of Regionalism; and time series methods. Before joining UMT, Dr. Waheed worked as an instructor at Purdue University, Indiana (USA) for three years and as an Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator of Political Science at Brescia University, Kentucky (USA) for five years. At Brescia University, he also worked as Manager of Institutional Effectiveness for one year.Â Both at Purdue University and Brescia University, he taught various courses in Political Science and International Relations.
Dr. Waheed has an active research agenda. His first book, entitled “Distinctive Features of the North American Regionalism: why NAFTA is Least Likely to follow the Path of the EU” was published in 2010. He has presented his work at different international conferences conducted by International Studies Association, Midwest Political Science Association and American Political Science Association. His work has also appeared in International Journal on World Peace, China Report: A Journal of East Asian Studies, and Pakistan Journal of American Studies.
C-II Johar Town Lahore Tel.: +92 42 35212801-10
© Copyright UMT, 2015. All Rights reserved.